Sunday, November 26, 2017

Little of This and a Little of That

11/26/2017

Yesterday, Andrew came to the house to pick up a server, I think.  He was, however, very helpful in picking up basically three bags of leaves.  Jeff blows everything into a pile and to me the pile looks a bit like Mt. Everest!  Seems like it will take forever to get to the top of the pile.  I really appreciated his help.

After the yard work was done, Andrew sat down in the den with us and the three of us spent an enjoyable amount of time talking to each other.  I normally don't get much of an opportunity to visit with him when we go to his house.  So, thanks Andrew for the yard work and the visit.  

This afternoon, we're going to Scott's house for tree trimming and chili.  We haven't had a real tree in the house for many years.  Once the boys left home, it seemed like a lot of work for just the two of us to enjoy.  I know you're rolling your eyes, while yelling "bah humbug".  While Andrew was here yesterday, I did get him to bring into the house a "larger" pre-lit Christmas tree.  I think it's about 3 feet tall, and I can put it in the eating area's bay window.  Who knows, I may like it so much that I may just keep it up all year long!  

Jeff and I have had a conversation about taking a rake (yes really a rake) and raking the backyard of the torn up paper cups, plates, fuzz and anything else that Bella has dragged outside.  I also have a large plant that has gone dormant, and I want to prune it for the winter.

Have to clean the kitchen and get Jeff's plastic/glass dishes ready for his lunch tomorrow.  While the dogs won't let anyone sleep in - well, actually they will - but you'll have something destroyed!  But, he has been able to get some naps in and that's good for him.  He needs the extra rest.

Still working on my Christmas list, but have it now honed down to where I know what I'm going to buy and who I'm going to buy it for.  I've noticed already that some of things that I have ordered from Amazon, could likely not arrive by Christmas!  And, this is still November.  

Pretty quiet here on the "estate"!!  Even the girls are quiet - yay!  The last four days have been wonderful.  Next rest: Christmas.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...