Saturday, November 25, 2017

The Day After Black Friday

11/25/2017

Well, Black Friday has come and gone.  I know some people actually wait in line for stores to open, so that they can get dibs on large ticket items, like televisions.  Me?  I'm not standing outside for ANY store to open, to me that borders on ridiculousness.  Ah, but my little fingers did some online shopping yesterday with Amazon.  No shoes required and no dress requirements (I don't mean that you can sit around naked and shop, but you don't have to get all gussied up to shop.

Jeff and I were pretty much in sloth mode yesterday.  We had the fireplace going, snacked on leftovers and watched television and occasionally napped.  Today, however, I want to go into the backyard and cut down the dead branches on one plant, as well as take a rake to the yard.  Jeff has removed the chewed up umbrella, but there is still a lot of shredded paper plates and cups, etc., that need to go.

Most of my Christmas shopping is done.  Thank you Amazon!  I did a bit of shopping on Ebay, when I was looking for a particular item, that I couldn't find on Amazon.  I know, I thought Amazon had EVERYTHING, but they don't.  We have a wonderful ONeida sauce pan, and I wanted to get another one.  On Amazon, and every other place I looked, you had to buy an entire set of pans.  I don't want a set of pans, I want one pan.  Thank you Ebay.

Stacey is coming to the house on the 9th to help wrap presents.  Actually, I'm going to watch, while she makes my gifts look festive with paper and ribbons.  The boys have come to dread shirt boxes, but they are men now, and a bit hard to shop for.  I try to think outside the "box", but generally come up short on ideas.  Men say we women are hard to buy for, but I disagree big time.  Women, or at least, this woman loves pretty much everything.  I love little things as much as I love big things.  The last two Christmases, Jeff has bought the big television and power recliners.  I can't think of anything that I need as far as comfort in the den goes.

The paper today says that mall stores are rather empty, as well as the parking lots.  Why? Because it's easier to just click a button for a purchase.  They're offering sales, as well as face painting and things like that at some malls.  You can't get me excited about face painting, with the exception of lipstick, I don't even wear make-up.  I basically look the same in the evening as I did in the morning.  I guess I'm just blessed with good looks!!! (Ha)

Jeff bought a little turkey, so we'll probably have a second Thanksgiving dinner today, which will give us some leftovers. 

Happy Saturday.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...