Friday, October 27, 2017

Sore Fingers and Ads in Magazines

10/27/2017

You know they say exercise is bad for people - or at least those people who don't exercise say that!  Yesterday, while with the physical therapist, he decided that because of my falls we should do floor exercises.  Okay, getting this body down to the floor is (a) not easy; and (b) not attractive!  Trouble is that while I was using a chair to help support me as I "glided" to the floor, I managed to catch a couple of my fingers between the back of the chair slats.  Since I was holding on to the chair, like a life preserver, I didn't notice initially that anything was wrong with my hand.  Ah, but I'm here to tell you that I have one very sore hand.  Since I'm able to bend the fingers a little, pretty sure that nothing is broken, just sprained.  But either way damn inconvenient.  

Jeff gave me subscriptions to two magazines for Christmas.  Yesterday, while trying to read one magazine, these pesky 3x5 cards kept falling out.  Seriously?  I want to read the magazine and if I was contemplating a vacation in Vermont, I don't need an advertising postcard to help me get there.  My habit now is that when I get a new magazine, I give it a "shake down", where hopefully all of those cards fall out and into the awaiting trashcan.  And, just when I think I have conquered the situation, I sit down in my chair and while going through the pages, find that some of those stupid cards are attached and have to be torn out.  I believe we pay enough money for a subscription that should allow us to be "postcard free"!  Maybe this situation doesn't cause everybody grief, it could be just me.  I know as well as you do, that the minute you complete and send in one of those cards, your mailbox will never be empty again!  It's much like letting a salesman get his foot in your door, and then try to figure out how to get him back outside again.

We are experiencing cooler weather here and it's probably time to put the "shorty" pants away in favor of long ones.  I'm not organized enough to have empty plastic bins waiting for my spring and summer clothes.  Nope, I'm more of a store them in the spare bedroom and deal with them later.  And, later in my book, generally means next spring when I need the warmer weather clothes.

It's a beautiful day here and I'm jealous that Jeff gets to ride with the top down.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...