Saturday, October 14, 2017

Slow Moving Saturday

10/14/2017

The girls let us sleep in until 8:00 or so this morning.  It's nice to sleep in, because most nights I stay up until midnight or later.  Don't ask me why, because I don't have an answer.

Jeff and I have a running joke (actually not really a joke, just something we say to each other) about calling 1-800-Got Junk when one of us dies.  Morbid sounding, but together we have a lot of stuff.  If we ever move from this house into something smaller, we would have to challenge ourselves to pick and choose what goes and what stays with us.

This morning one of the Got Junk trucks came into the street, and while I knew it was not for us, I was "momentarily" hoping that it was!  😃  We've been in this house for 30 years and we've accumulated a lot of stuff.  Good stuff as well as "why are we keeping this" stuff.  

We have bought a printer that prints 55 pages in a minute.  There are two printers upstairs, but are older and need to be semi-retired.  The dilemma at the moment is how to get the new printer upstairs and one of the old printers downstairs.  All of the printers are quite heavy and do require more than one person to move them.

I've been watching the Dog Whisperer, and find it amazing in just a short amount of time, Cesar gets the dogs to behave.  Basically, they become changed animals, but sometimes I think he's doing as much training with the humans as he does with the dogs.  A calm person makes for a calm dog, a lesson I have yet to fully manage!

Yesterday, while being a good homemaker, I added white vinegar into the bottom of the dishwasher and then ran it empty on a hot setting.  Certainly did clean the inside, just like the article said.  I also tackled the inside of the refrigerator.  Getting the shelves and plastic bins used for veggies and meat, was easy.  Washing them was easy.  Putting them back, not so easy.  I have developed a reputation of taking things apart and then be absolutely unable to put things back.  I know this drives Jeff crazy, but I sincerely don't do it on purpose.

Happy Saturday everyone.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...