Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Oops I Missed A Day

10/25/2017

Sorry guys about yesterday.  I had a very early doctor's appointment that only resulted in his recommendation that I see yet another doctor in his practice.  Sigh.  When will the madness end?  I am seeing this new doctor tomorrow, and perhaps he'll be able to help me.  What I do know from the doctor yesterday is that I don't have the compartment pain syndrome or "CRAP" as I like to call it.  So that's good news.

For my afternoon appointment, I was taking my rollator with me.  Metro Access had just pulled up in front of the house, and I was trying to get the rollator and myself outside through the garage.  Well, the good news is that I did make it to the garage.  The bad news is that I did so by falling off a step, hitting my right knee again, and breaking a part on my rollator.  At least the driver was there, because I'm pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to pull myself up from off the ground.  The driver helped me up, picked up all the plastic recycling containers that I had knocked to the ground and dusted me off.  It is a good thing that I have good bones (see eating ice cream is helpful!), because by my count, I have now fallen since February four times and always managing to bang up the right knee.  Since I have hip issues on my left side, I would prefer, not that you get a choice, to have all my falls on the left side.  Reason?  Then I could just go to a doctor and tell him that I'm "broken" all along that side.   

I'm seeing a new doctor tomorrow.  I want/hope that this doctor will look at the x-rays and determine that he can and will help me.  Everybody knows that I'm waiting for rainbows and unicorns, and I don't think that's asking too much.  Physical therapy isn't concentrating too much on my back.  I have physical therapy tomorrow and I'm going to tell him we must concentrate on balance.  Two falls in a week is not acceptable.  Kind of makes me afraid to walk around!

Our cleaning lady is sick today and will come on Friday.  That gives me extra time to pick things up and put them away.  Or mostly put things away!  In general, men don't understand a woman's need for doing simple housework, when they are paying somebody to do it.  Here's the thing, if your house is super messy, you may/might come across as either (a) lazy and/or (b) sloppy.  I'm not sure where I fit in those two categories, perhaps a bit of both.  

Time for me to drop off and go see about things in the house that need some attention.

Have a great Wednesday.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...