Thursday, October 19, 2017

Thursday

10/19/2017

Jeff just reminded me that I haven't blogged since Monday.  Apologies to all of you. Some days the creative side of my brain isn't working, and hence (don't you love that word?), I don't blog.  I've just returned from physical therapy, so my lower body is hurting a bit, and I guess that's a good thing.

Tomorrow, Stacey and Benjamin are coming here and we'll have a play date.  We'll probably end up at the Party Store looking for a Halloween costume for Benjamin.  The good thing about going to that store in the middle of the day is there will be less chaos.  When we went last year, it was complete madness.  The store was crowded, children were crying, parents were yelling and all I wanted to do is find a corner and stay out of the way.  Stacey said she would take me in my wheelchair so that while I'm sitting, my legs aren't dangling.  My right foot doesn't like to dangle, it just becomes numb"er".  can't remember what we did for costumes for the boys, but I'm pretty sure that we bought an outfit that was in a box.  At a certain age, the trick 'n treaters are no longer cute.  They are teenagers lugging around a pillowcase that they hope to fill up by the end of the night.

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  It's a windows open kind of day, which freshens up the house.  When the house is closed up for months at a time, the house, at least my house, begins to smell a bit.  It's probably the dogs and when you live with a pet, you personally don't notice any smells being emitted through rugs and floors.  

The house was cleaned yesterday, and I always enjoy the cleanliness after the ladies leave.  It's so clean that you don't want to do anything, not even boil water!  I can't thank Jeff enough for the weekly house cleaning.  All the hoofs and antlers are put away in the laundry basket in the den.  Bella always pokes around in the basket, until she finds just the "right" thing for chewing.  And, of course, because she's small, Daisy doesn't take things off the counter or table!  You literally can't trust Bella, and the interesting thing is that she will take odd things that have been sitting around the house, like a DVD, and then one day said DVD is chewed almost beyond recognition.  When I become really aggravated with the girls, I remind myself that they will eventually, and I hope it's soon, settle down and do less chewing.  The chances of that happening soon, is as likely of Jeff and I winning the million dollar lottery!

The hem has come undone on the shirt I'm wearing.  My needle is threaded with blue thread, the shirt is pink.  I'm going to rummage around in the drawer to see if I have a lighter color.  For me, it doesn't have to be pink, just something lighter than dark blue!  And Wendy, I'll try and not sew both sides of the sleeve together! 😊

I'm going to go check on the girls, because all of a sudden they are very quiet.  And, that's not necessarily a good thing.

P











No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...