Saturday, October 28, 2017

Getting Ready for Christmas!

10/28/2017

I know that most, scratch that all of you, are probably feeling Bah Hum Bug right now.  Some people wait until the count down to Christmas is "T Minus and Counting".  For me, this is the time of year where I put my "search antenna" to work.  Goal?  Finding just the right gift for a person.  And, because people tell me I'm hard to buy for (which isn't true), I've compiled a list of things for me.  Most of the things on the list are useful, like a sewing needle that's easy to use.  Of course, some would argue with me that I have no business sewing anything, because to tell the truth, I suck at it!

I already know what I'm getting for Scott and Andrew.  Will it come in a shirt type box?  Yup, and secured with packing tape.  Women and little children love wrapping paper.  Men, not so much.  As Jeff and I get older, we really don't need anything.  Do we want something?  Probably, but most of the time nothing much comes to mind.  

Now this year, it looks like I'm going to be hunting for presents for a "pink person" (i.e., a little girl).  Since I have spent 40 plus years buying things for "blue people" (boys/men), I'm not in tune when it comes to girls.  I have a list, but I have been known to go rogue when buying presents.  

I am getting ready to order Christmas cards and 2018 calendar magnets for 4A Computing.  Over the years, I've gotten smarter and have the printing people print the return address on the envelopes.  That helps some, but somebody has to lick/moisten all of the cards closed.  And most of the time that person is me.  After the cards and magnets arrive, Jeff prints off an address label for each customer.  Then it's my job to stuff the envelopes and apply the labels.  I go to the post office during the week and sometime in November, before the madness sets in.  I have one card weighed, and then buy stamps for all of the other cards.

Maybe I take the fun out of Christmas, by getting everything done quickly.  Maybe I would enjoy actually going to a mall so that I could take in the decorations and look at all the clothes.  Since I have a rollator, perhaps I could get somebody to take me so I can browse.  That would be kind of fun.

Have a great Saturday.

P

2 comments:

  1. A couple of pieces of tape will work to seal the envelopes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I've tried that too. Now if I could only get the dogs to sit and hang their tongues out for each envelope, that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...