Sunday, March 25, 2018

A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

3/25/2018

Slow and calm morning, which is a great way to start any day.  Once the girls have been fed, and they have their morning ritual of chasing and nipping at each other, they have gone to their respective corners for a nap.

Jeff is going to make the weekly shopping trip.  I don't think I'll go today, my back is very sore, and it's possible that I may have overdone things last week.  And, now I'm paying the price for doing things that might and probably did, that I shouldn't have done!  I am, a very poor patient, and while I listen to the doctor, I generally have my own agenda in mind, and it differs from that of a doctor.  Just saying.

Circled shows to watch this week, and it looks like there is going to be plenty of "good" (i.e., shows that Jeff likes to watch) television.  Once I'm dressed, I will go to the den making sure that our shows will be recorded.  After I perused the upcoming shows, I told Jeff that we wouldn't have to talk to each other until Friday!!

Spent some time this morning, watching "The Dog Whisperer".  Jeff and I generally get some bit of knowledge that we can use on the girls.  One show had a food aggressive dog.  Jeff has worked with Bella, in particular, about being aggressive when she's eating her food.  We are not afraid of taking her bowl away from her before she's done.  What she would like to do, but is forbidden to, intimidate Daisy.  The slightest movement or noise, sends Daisy back into the den, and she won't return until things are quiet.  Why she does this, I don't understand.  

Jeff has just put some corn beef and cabbage in the crock pot.  I like corn beef, but I wouldn't walk across the street to eat cooked cabbage! Ick, in my opinion.  I appreciate very much, Jeff taking over the cooking for dinner.  The things he makes are all yummy, and since he cooks, I'm the clean-up girl.  A nice balance for both of us.

Since Jeff works during the week, we have put two dog beds up in his office.  The girls spend a good amount of time, sleeping in their beds.  Our neighbor's dog, who always announced when he was in his backyard, doesn't seem to be around anymore.  For the most part, there's not as much barking, unless someone is working in their yard.

When the landscaper shows up next week, we'll have to contain the girls in the house, but there might be nervous barking.  Me?  I'll be sitting in a chair, with my coffee, watching the improvement to the yard.  Since 6 trees are being cut down, I'm pretty sure that the neighbors will notice their absence.

Sometimes, I have trouble realizing that everything planted in the yard, is 32 years old, more or less.  When I think about things around the house or in the yard, and take notice in my mind, that a lot of things we have now are 32 years old.  I have no idea where the time has gone, but I think a lot of people think the same thing about some part of their life.

Well, forget about what I said earlier about the barking.  Just now, the girls came downstairs in a near frenzy to get to the backyard.  I have no idea what set them off, but something and/or person upset them.  I notice that once they went into the backyard, the barking has stopped - yeah!

Have a great day.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...