Thursday, March 22, 2018

Winter's Done?

3/22/2018

Yesterday, Mother Nature blew through here dropping a few inches of snow.  The snowstorm was not at the level that Scott prefers.  He wants "foots" of snow.  A staying at home kind of storm.  But, what we did received, fell short of the highly sought after"foots"!  For me, I think mere inches produces a white wonderland in the yard.  However, enough snow fell that the cypress trees in the backyard are really bending down.  Of course, these same trees are destined to be removed sometime in the immediate future.

I spoke with one of my therapists that come to the house to work with me.  I told her to stay home, and sit by the fire.  Unfortunately, she has a wood burning fireplace, and they were running low.  After hanging up, I realized how nice the gas log fire actually is.  True, there is no smell, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. 

We took my car for a well baby check, for two reasons:  (1) it was time for service, because a message comes up on the dashboard; and (2) Scott et al, are taking my car on the road in April to visit Wendy's family.  My car will be infinitely more comfortable than driving a smaller car, and Elly will be able to watch movies in the backseat.  

I did drive my car, the short distance to go to the mechanic.  And, we timed our drive to be non-rush hours.  The car is ready today, and once again, we'll make sure that our pick-up time is in the early afternoon.

Jeff and I would have liked to let the girls out in the front yard yesterday, but know that they both would run away.  They do know their way home, but it makes me nervous when I don't know where they are.  Or, if they are just too quiet inside the house!  I fear what Bella can and does get into.  Another pair of slippers again!  I'm super glad that I don't wear Uggs slippers, because they are nice but pricey.

Just a thought from my soap box - I am both sorry and angry about the recent turn of events.  Climbing down from my soap box now.  Just felt the need to say something, but keeping it neutral.

Getting my head "shrunk" tomorrow.  I always make a list of good and bad things to share with Dr. H.  For tomorrow's appointment, the good stuff really outweighs the negative things.  I know she will be pleased.

Unfortunately, I can't stay and chat, but I'll be back tomorrow.

P






 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...