Tuesday, March 27, 2018

American Idol "Post Op!"

3/27/2018

This morning, I watched Sunday's night show.  And, here's my take away.  Those singers, whether really good or just mediocre, tried for a spot in Hollywood.  Most of the singers, are very young, and some are still in high school.  But, everyone gave it their best in auditions.

Fast forward to group singing.  I watched each group perform, and after each group was done, then came the "blood letting" (critiques).  Okay, these young people reached for the stars, got the golden ticket, and arriving in Hollywood for their chance to be the next American Idol.

These groups, who had never met before, had to learn a song as well as some dance moves, pretty much overnight.  That can't be easy.  You, as an individual, want to shine the brightest, but still have to do your bit to hold up the group.

After each group performed, there was the dreaded "step forward", which most of the time meant a one-way ticket home.  I know that there can only be so many singers who make it through round one.  But, for those singers who didn't make the cut, my heart actually hurt for them.  They were in Hollywood, for only a day or two, and now have to return home to be a caretaker, waitress, etc.  Some of the singers are from very small towns, and there is probably never going to be a second chance for them.

When I was in high school, we lived in a small town.  After graduation, there were many of classmates that left that town, and never looked back.  Other classmates, took over their families farms, and that was their future whether they wanted it or not.

I'll continue to watch the show, and will in time, have a favorite, who I will be secretly rooting for.  As I watch each of the singers, I am reminded of the winning idols, like Carrie Underwood, who chased her dream, and won.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...