Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Snow, Snow

3/21/2018

Just when we thought we were going to go unscathed by Mother Nature.  She once again surprised us, by bringing back winter for hopefully a last gasp.

It is snowing today, and the cypress trees in the backyard are laden with snow, which causes them to pitch forward.  Since we're going to have to pay to remove these trees, how lovely, I think, it would be if we lost a tree.  I'd only want to lose a tree, if it caused no damage to somebody's house.

Jeff is at work now, and the morning commute was crowded, with the girls trying to get upstairs at the same time he was!  I know that Jeff is happier working from home, and he is diligent in staying on task.  Jeff takes a brief lunch break, and that's when we watch The Price Is Right.  

I don't feel the need to turn the fireplace on, at the moment, but if and when I do, I love the "whoosh" sound the fireplace makes initially.  I talked to one of my therapists, discouraging her to come see me yesterday, because of the wintry mix.  She told me that they were running out of firewood.  I told her that when the boys were home, we had a real fireplace, which required a lot of work.  You have to go buy the firewood, then you have to stack it.  When you need firewood, you have to venture outside to get the wood, start and maintain a fire, and watch for flying embers.  We are so over that.  The downside of a gas fireplace is, there is no fire burning smell, which we always enjoyed.  You do have to pick your battles, and we thought it made good sense to take one chore out of the equation.  I'm glad we did.

After listening to the forecast, I called Ada, who cleans my house on Wednesday, and told her not to come.  There is absolutely no way that I'm going to ask someone to risk driving to my house to clean.  The house went several years without anybody helping me clean, and I think we can "suffer" missing a week of cleaning.

Last night, Jeff made us beef stew and it was yummy.  I could do without the mushrooms, but generally just push them to the side of the bowl!  He made enough stew for our lunch today, and likely dinner too.

The time is creeping ever forward to lunchtime,  I am a firm believer that, even if you stay home, you should shower and dress every day.  Keeping that in mind, I'm going to sign off.

Stay warm and stay dry if you live on the East Coast!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...