Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sunday, And I'm All Confused, Among Other Things!

3/11/2018

Yesterday, my very special friends, Angela and Sharon took me out to play for the day.  Sharon brought me an orchid plant, which I'm hoping I can keep alive, but my green thumb is very limited.  Angela, brought me a basket of yummy food treats, most of them chocolate.  I felt very blessed that my friends would come and spend time with me.  We went out and "did" lunch, and a mostly quiet restaurant where we sat and enjoyed a leisurely lunch.  In my world, no meal, other than breakfast, is complete without dessert, so I ordered Tres Leches Cake.  If you haven't eaten this cake, do yourself a favor and order, you will love it I promise.

Then my friends took me to Target for some cathartic shopping.  I don't get out much anymore, and when I do go out, I generally have to use that stupid power cart, which I hate with a capital "H".  I needed a birthday card for Stacey, but as long as I was in the store, I found other stuff to buy.  I did actually buy a card, so my goal for shopping was met!  After buying the card, we roamed and I drove through the store.  I hate the little cart, because I kept running into things and/or people.  And that obnoxious beep-beep sound the cart makes when you're backing up, makes me cringe.  I never feel so handicapped, as when I'm forced to drive the little cart.

Oh, I also needed to buy new shelf liners for the refrigerator.  I bought the rubbery kind, and it works very well to try and maintain the glass shelves.  So, you can plainly see that there was a reason to go to Target.  Umm, I may have bought other things besides those necessary things, but I had so much fun with my friends.  Both ladies work, so for them to take one of their precious weekend days to spend with me meant a great deal.

And, getting dressed for my outing, I put on my new, black leggings.  I bought them in a size larger than I need, so that said leggings didn't show as much all the dents and rolls of my body!  I topped the leggings with a new tunic gray shirt, and I thought I looked fabulous.  What the rest of the world saw, didn't and doesn't matter to me.  I believe if you believe you look good, that's all that's important.  This belief may be occurring because I'm 68 now, and frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn!

Today, the nurse from the rehab facility is coming to evaluate me for services that I need.  All I need and want is to get some of my balance back, and maybe more important, how to get off the floor, when I fall down.  Once I've fallen, I'm like a beached whale, flapping my arms and legs in a desperate attempt to get up. Unlike last year, I now have someone come in and clean the house once a week.  Deep cleaning?  Nope, just the regular stuff (bathrooms and kitchen), makes me very happy.

While I was at Target, I bought the book a "Wrinkle in Time".  I want to read this book and then give it to Benjamin, if he hasn't read it, before he and/or I go to see the movie.

Well, friends that's my news for the day.  Have an excellent Sunday, and remember to go around and set all your clocks.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...