Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Winter's Back?

3/20/2018

A few days ago, we were experiencing spring-like weather.  Buds on trees were waking up, and grass war beginning to show signs of life.  We were all hopefully optimistic that we had come out of winter relatively unscathed.  

But, today, we're experiencing winter weather.  The weathermen call this a "wintry mix".  The day started out with snow, which has now turned to sleet and is supposed to turn to snow later in the day.  From my window, I can see the mulch around the tree in our circle, is turning whiter by the moment. A very good day to stay inside, to avoid slipping on the driveway, only to collect the mail, which most likely, is all junk.

The fireplace in the den is going strong, and both Bella and Daisy enjoy the fire.  Bella will go so far, as to put her head on the bricks in front of the fireplace.  When the fireplace is been on, for several hours, the den becomes too warm, in my opinion.  A too warm room, makes oneself to become sleepy.  Napping is good, but you don't get much done with your eyes closed!

Jeff and I have no place that we absolutely need to go.  So, just going out for heck sake, doesn't make much sense, at least in my humble opinion.  If we do get some measurable amount of snow, I don't know if the girls will enjoy it.  Daisy, in particular, like Sam before her, doesn't like to get her feet wet!

I hope wherever you are, that the sun is shining, and you're running around in "shorty" pants and sandals.  If you are, then I'm so jealous.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...