Monday, March 12, 2018

Monday, Monday

3/12/2018

It's Monday (duh), and the sky is gray.  Because of the lack of sun today, I have turned my SAD light on, to give me the much needed "sunshine" I need during the winter months.

I was feeling a bit guilty about watching the television show "RuPal's Drag Queen".  I'm not sure exactly why I feel guilty, but in the paper a few days ago, Nancy Pelosio (spelling), went in person to watch a drag queen show!  If she can go to a theater, and watch basically the same thing I'm watching, it's all good.  And, in case you're interested, I don't watch said show when Jeff is around.  It would drive him crazy and would rank up there with the cooking shows I watch!

The nurse from the rehab facility came yesterday.  I told her that I didn't need any nursing care, and she agreed.  I do need physical therapy to address balance issues.  The occupational therapist is coming this afternoon, and I'm pretty sure that visit will be a waste of time.

I read an article last week that said the number of women purchasing high heels, is going down.  This, particular news, was not new news to me.  I did, once upon a time, actually had heels in my closet.  They are now all gone.  For fancy occasions, like weddings, I have a very nice leather sandal with a thick, but small heel.  Do women look better in heels?  Most of the time, the answer is yes.  Legs look better when you're wearing heels.  But, is the discomfort that comes when wearing heels, worth it?  I say no.  Today, there are all kinds of beautiful flat or almost flat shoes for women.  And dressier sneakers are also becoming part of a woman's wardrobe.  As well they should be.

In my retired, and mostly reclusive world, I want comfort first, style second, or maybe even third, etc.  Elastic waist clothing was invented by someone, and I am grateful for the making of elastic.  At home, it really doesn't matter what I wear, but going out for any reason, I do try and make an attempt at "dressing up", while staying true to my favorite style of clothing.  I wore leggings (black, no pattern of course) on Saturday, with a lovely short tunic, and I believed that I looked fabulous.  My leggings, are of course, a size bigger than I actually need, but I abhor anything that clings to my backside!  It's not a particularly pretty sight.  We women, need to know what area of their body is an asset, and what area isn't.  What can I say about me?  Um, my eyes look nice!  Oh, to be sure, there are other areas of my body that don't look too bad, at least when I'm looking at myself.

Occupational therapist visits today.  These therapists concentrate on improving a person's ability to perform tasks in their daily living and working environments. They work with individuals who have conditions that are mentally, physically, developmentally, socially or emotionally disabling.  Well, you see, a search showed me what the therapist, visiting today, is supposed to do.  While I'm "mental" and somewhat handicapped (if that's the right word to describe my right leg), I'm getting the laundry done and cleaning the kitchen.  Ada comes on Wednesday, and she cleans the bathrooms (yeah), vacuums and dusts, and also cleans up the kitchen.  I'm not a demanding person, but when dust on tables builds up enough that you can actually "write" on, then dusting needs to be done.

Tomorrow, is my post-op visit with the surgeon.  I think he'll be surprised at the progress I've made since my surgery on the 27th.  I'm not ready to run a marathon (actually, never could), but I'm getting around in the house really well.

The morning is slipping away, and while I'd love to stay and chat, I really do have things that need doing.

Have a wonderful day.

P



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...