Saturday, March 31, 2018

Sitting All Day!

3/31/2018

Yesterday, Jeff and I went to get our eyes examined.  Yes, I know that we normally get our (my) head examined.

We had an early afternoon appointment to see the ophthalmologist.  Well, it wasn't exactly an afternoon appointment by the time we saw the doctor.  My first challenge, was to look into a bright light and stop blinking.  Now, I know that doesn't sound hard, but I absolutely couldn't keep from blinking.  Finally, the technician literally held my eyes open, and even with that help, I was steadily blinking.  It's sort of like when somebody yawns, everybody yawns!  I eventually passed that test (poorly I think).

During my appointment, Jeff was eventually called in for his appointment.  By now, Jeff and I have been sitting in "the chair" (for patients), quite a long time.  And, like always, once the drops are put into you eyes, then the eyes feel weird.   Once outside, sunglasses helped with the glare.

I swear getting old, is getting worse all the time.  I knew that I had a cataract in one eye and my vision was getting worse and worse.  I had magnifying glasses all over the house, because I literally couldn't easily see anything.  What I wasn't prepared for, was that I have a cataract in both eyes, as well as some kind of corneal issue going on.  So, I wasn't making up my inability to read, and that with a bit of surgery, will most assuredly see better.  Yipee.  

I've worn glasses all of my adult life.  And my prescription is tricky, since I have double vision, and my lenses are very expensive.  Hence, I only get new frames occasionally, but would love to get new frames every time.

Jeff's eyes are also not aging gracefully.  It's just not fair.  We have to put up with saggy bags, age spots, hearing issues, and the list just goes on and on.  

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  Once I'm dressed, I'll probably go outside and sit on the swing.

Happy Saturday!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...