Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter

4/1/2018

Happy Easter everyone.  There are no children, of any size/age, living with Jeff and I now, so Easter isn't a big deal anymore.  When the boys were home, long after they no longer believed in the bunny, hard boiled eggs were scattered around the house.  The older they got, the harder Jeff and I looked for an out-of-the-way hiding spot.  One year, an egg was perched on a ceiling fan blade.  They needed hints for that one.  Piece of advice - ALWAYS know how many eggs you hide.  But, if you lose count, don't worry, within a day or two your nose will lead you to the smell!

Growing up, we went to church.  The only time we went to church.  I can still remember the pretty and frilly dresses that Marilee and I wore.  And, as children, even as teenagers, we knew that you never bit the ears off first.  Why?  I've no earthly idea, but when the boys were young, I passed on that tidbit to them.

We moved here in 1986, and there was an egg hunt for children.  We took Scott and Andy to the hunt, but Scott had difficulty finding very many eggs.  Andy stepped in, and started pointing out eggs to Scott.  There are times when brothers take care of brothers, and it's wonderful to see.

We used to buy those plastic baskets as well as the green "grass" to go inside.  I hate and still do, that fakey (not a word, but you get the idea) grass.  It seems to go everywhere, and truthfully, children probably don't want a grass-lined basket - just chocolate please!

These days, there are far more choices for the bunny to buy.  Filled bunnies, those Cadbury eggs (yummy), Easter colored Hershey kisses, and the list just goes on and on.  Last year, I bought Benjamin and his friend Natalie, Easter baskets and an appropriate amount of goodies.  I didn't do that this year.  Now, I could go to any store today, and buy deeply discounted Easter candy!  Just saying.

Jeff's 69th birthday is on Saturday.  I know Scott won't be in town, and I'm not sure about Andy et al.  Since the 7th is a non-holiday day, Jeff and I could likely go to a steak house in the afternoon and be able to walk right in.  I hate that waiting for a table.  For many people, that waiting is done at the bar, which the restaurant loves!  Jeff and I just sit and wait. Jeff has his Ipad and I have my Kindle, so we are pretty content while waiting. Perhaps, the ability to wait for "x" or "y" comes with age, because I didn't always feel this way.

We are so not into this holiday, that we'll likely have lunch and then a small meal later in the day.  Since it's just the two of us, preparing meals has become less important.  And, since Jeff now works from home, I no longer have to think about each evening, what can be fixed, so that he has something for lunch the next day.

Well, my dears, have a wonderful Sunday, and remember never eat the ears first!

P


Image result for picture of easter eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...