Sunday, April 8, 2018

Steak Dinner and Unicorn Ice Cream!

4/8/2018

Well my friends, I'm a happy camper today!  The sun is out which is good for my mood, and the sky is a brilliant blue.  Practically, a perfect day.

Yesterday in the early evening, Jeff and I went to a steak house, so that we could satisfy our carnivorous need.  Nothing like a good steak, and since I didn't finish mine, it's going to make a good lunch!!.  I ordered dessert to go - strawberry shortcake.  When we got home and put the shortcake on plates, it was long on cake, and short on berries!  Oh well, it tasted just fine.

Unless, you are "dining", as in tablecloths, wait staff in uniforms, candles on the table, then you are just eating.  The restaurant was so loud, and we almost had to scream to be heard.  We pretty much opted for silence.  It would have been better I suppose, to take the entire meal to go!

Jeff drove to a Target store nearby, and they had unicorn ice cream!  We'll try the ice cream out tonight.  I know it's essentially vanilla ice cream, but I absolutely felt that I had to at last try unicorn ice cream. If I don't try it, then I'll never know what I have missed.

For the first time in my life, I now have to put eye drops in my eye several times a day.  I did buy a gadget that helps you get the drops in your eye, but it didn't work as advertised.  I am getting better about putting the drops in my eye, without assistance.  Since eye drops will be a fixture for me probably until June, then I decided that I needed to master the drops. Here's what I hope will happen after both surgeries: that if I still need glasses, the lenses won't look like coke bottle bottoms!  Everyone who has had cataract surgery, say they are amazed at the difference in their vision.  Fingers crossed that I will have the same outcome.

Even though it's Sunday, there is still work to be done.

Enjoy your day.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...