Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Shopping (Yipee)

4/3/2018

Yesterday, Stacey and Benjamin came to visit. I always enjoy their company.  We left Benjamin home with Jeff, and PopPop came through with his famous and yummy scrambled eggs.  While Jeff was working in his office, Benjamin was free to sing, dance, jump and you name it, while "watching" television.

I had two packages to mail, so the first stop was the Post Office.  Second stop was McDonald's.  We needed to keep our strength up for shopping.  Shopping is easier on a full tummy!

We went to Party City, and because it was the middle of the day, the store was relatively empty.  When our boys had birthday parties, light years ago, I don't remember there being a store devoted solely to party stuff.  Basically, it's what color you want and then you have to decide how many utensils, treat bags, etc., you need to buy.  Really over whelming.

I used my rollator in Kohl's, which allowed me to walk a little and sit a little.  A win-win for me. It has been a really long time since I was in a store, and no WalMart is not a "store" "store", in my humble opinion. Stacey was looking for dress shoes as well as dress shirts and ties.  Benjamin's half-sister is getting married this weekend, and he needs to wear clothes, that will look very nice on him, but maybe won't be very comfortable.

Before we went searching for clothes and shoes for Benjamin, we went to the ladies section (duh, that's a no brainer), to see what clothes were on sale.  Unfortunately, there was absolutely no shortage of things to buy.  Stacey found some clothes for herself.  And, I, went through the sales racks and actually found several things to try on. These were tops only.  And, wouldn't you know it, everything I took to the dressing room, FIT, and looked good on me, which is absolutely a bonus!

Next stop, was the boys' department, and Stacey found the clothes she needed for this weekend.  I also found some Ralph Lauren t-shirts on sale, and she bought those as well.

Our intention after shopping at Koh's, was to go to Target to return something I bought.  And, then I was hoping we could go to Barnes and Noble, because I absolutely love being surrounded by all the reading possibilities!  But, even with sitting occasionally on my rollator, after we left Kohl's, I had simply run out of steam.  Came home, took a pain pill, grabbed an ice pack and went to my chair, not necessarily in that order. While I love to shop, particularly if I find clothes that fit, but the shopping, even though I could sit on my rollator, wore me out.

Oh, an added bonus was that the landscaper was able to come yesterday.  They planted new boxwoods in the front yard in front of the porch.  Cut down trees, trimmed others, and put down grass seed, fertilizer and then covered all that up with straw.  We think they were a little stingy on the straw, but straw is readily available. They put up an orange plastic fence, blocking the dogs from being on the seeded area.  The area were the dogs can be outside, is now much smaller and walks are really needed, which would be good for the dogs as well as Jeff.

All in all, yesterday was a very good day.  Stacey is very good to me and doesn't mind getting the rollator in and out of the car, which makes shopping much easier for me.

P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...