Monday, April 30, 2018

True Story

4/30/2016

Today, instead of writing about the stuff and nonsense of the world, I'm going to write about something that happened to me in 1978.  Enjoy!

In 1978, our son, Scott was born.  That in itself, was a wonderful day.  Bringing home babies at that time, didn't require car seats that could keep a baby safe, even if flying to the moon.  You went home with the baby in your arms.  But that's not the story.

After Scott was born, and while I was nursing, I was suffering from cabin fever, and I left Scott with Jeff so that I could go to the library.  I had bought something called perhaps a breast shield.  This device would allow me to be out and about and my milk would be captured for later use.  That was the plan, but that's not how the plan worked.

I didn't notice that the shield (if that's what they were called), had a tiny hole.  Because of my lack of basic understand of many, okay all, things technical, I paid no attention to that little hole.  I put on these very hard shields, and went on my way.  Well, I wasn't in the library very long, before my shirt became very wet.  A quick trip to the bathroom, and I could see that I was leaking milk.  How, I thought, was that even possible?  My library visit was cut short, obviously.  Once I was home, and took off my shirt, I then saw, and a little bit too late, that I had put the "shields" on upside down!  The little hole was for the top, not the bottom of this shield!  After I figured this out, I had no more trouble when I wore them.  I doubt very much, that such a device is even made today.  When I look back on this, I remember how uncomfortable I was.  Who wouldn't be if you were wearing hard plastic "things" on your body?

Once I figured out that my "cup" runneth over, I didn't have any further mishaps, fortunately! When Andrew was born, I was experienced with "leakage". and had a found a better solution to that problem.  It's amazing how smart parents get with each child that's born.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...