Friday, April 6, 2018

And The Gates Come Tumbling Down!

4/6/2018

For the past two years, we have put gates up all over the house, or shut doors.  Yesterday, I took down the gate keeping the girls from going into the living room.  I then took that gate and put it so the girls couldn't get into the dining room, only because I have a number of things that need to be put away.  

The kitchen gates are down, but because I don't trust Bella 100%, I have put away all the items that she could haul away into the backyard.  Our theory is that if the gates remain up all the time, then we'll never know how much we can trust Bella.  Daisy is not the issue.  She's not tall enough to grab anything off the counters.

The girl's birthdays are coming up soon, and they'll be two years old.  My feeling is that we can't live in a "gated community" for the next 15 or so years.  Just not happening.  We would like to go out for a period of time and leave the girls unguarded in the house.  What we should do, is leave the house for let's say 20 minutes, and see how Bella does.  If we never try, then we'll never know!  We hate having to put the dogs in the basement every time we leave the house. 

On a completely different topic, is that Jeff's 69th birthday is tomorrow.  When we met, we were 25 years old, and at that time, and still today, wonder how our age keeps creeping forward.  And, perhaps, it's not actually creeping, it might be running!  I think Jeff and I are okay with our birthdays this year, but next year, might be a different story.  Turning 70 next year, might be a tough pill to swallow.  I know people live longer today when compared to the life expectancy of generations before us.  The boys are busy with their lives, so Jeff's birthday probably won't hit their radars.  And in September, we'll be celebrating our 44th wedding anniversary.  A long marriage from a blind date!

So there you have it.  Daisy's second birthday is on the 15th - tax day.  Some folks over the last two years, keep asking if the girls bring us more joy, then the damage they have done.  The answer is yes, absolutely!

Happy Friday everyone.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...