Monday, April 16, 2018

Just Random Thoughts About Nothing!

4/16/2018

The tax man cometh (sp?), and the tax man taketh (sp) away.  Just a fact in most people's lives, but there is a sigh of relief once this annual chore is finished.  You may not be happy with the outcome, but as they say, it is what it is.

We took Bella, who behaved beautifully in the stores and Benjamin to Costco and WalMart.  While Bella behaved, we found that some people just can't resist coming over to hopefully pet her, which is not allowed, when she's wearing her vest.  As happens, when you're shopping with a grandchild, it's hard to say no to getting them something.  Benjamin picked out a very nice history book.  It has questions for you to answer, and then on another page, the correct answers.

After shopping, we went out to Andrew's house, where picking up and packing items was in full swing.  They are planning, I think, to put their house on the market later this month. I sat down and cleaned/dusted several items, while Stacey's Mother did the wrapping.  Bella, went outside to play and was worn out by the time we left!  Unfortunately, Daisy couldn't come with us, so she missed out running in their very large yard.  The good news is, that if you leave Daisy alone in the house, nothing is destroyed, which is a bonus.

On our way home, it was sprinkling.  Our newly seeded backyard needs rain, but I think Mother Nature didn't understand my request.  I asked for some rain, but instead we got a lot of rain, which turns the backyard into a mud bog.  So, if the girls come in without muddy feet, then that means, they weren't outside!

I didn't sleep well last night, so this morning after my toast and coffee, I turned on one of my favorite shows, and within minutes I was down for the count.  While I was sleeping, I did feel Daisy jumping up on my lap, but I still slept on.  I just want to acknowledge how lucky Jeff and I are, to have a dog that absolutely loves laps.  

Today, I will put away all the non-perishable items we bought yesterday.  When you come home late, it's only essentially to put away frozen or refrigerator items.  The rest of the food is on the dining room table.

Okay, still in my pj's, so it's time for me to get upstairs to get dressed for the day.  My standard is to be dressed before noon, but I didn't make that today. 

More tomorrow.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...