Thursday, April 5, 2018

Still Winter?

4/5/2018

We're coming to a close on the first week of April, and it's chilly outside.  Flowers are coming up and trees are beginning to bud.  Why?  Because it's spring.  Or, maybe it's because it's spring somewhere!

The girls don't like the orange construction fence in the backyard.  Jeff does take them for a walk every day, and if I was more stable on my feet, I could walk them also.  But, based on my track record for falling, I'll leave the exercising to Jeff.

I think I told you that Toys R Us was selling discounted toys online. I have to buy for both Benjamin and Elly this year, so I took advantage of the sale.  Initially, after I placed my order, I received emails telling me that my order was delayed, and they wouldn't charge my credit card until the order had shipped. Truthfully, I had my doubts about ever receiving these toys.  Yesterday, I got an email that my order had shipped!  And, it appears that I can even return items if need be.  So, I'm anxiously awaiting my packages.  For safety sake, I'll probably but the toys in the spare bathroom, because nobody but Jeff and I go in there!  I know that's an odd storage place, but Benjamin goes into the two spare bedrooms, so the bathroom it is. Don't bother to suggest that "I could" wrap everything up, but I put wrapping presents pretty high on my least favorite thing to do.

On a trial basis, I am leaving more gates down, to see how Bella does with more freedom.  Now, if I close the basement door, then anything she steals can't go into the bowels of the basement and/or the backyard!  I'll let you know how that goes.  Bella isn't ready, or perhaps we're not ready, to leave her in the house alone.  She could, if she desired, do major damage, and unless you catch a dog in the act of being bad, you can't really correct them.  

Benjamin had a small bookcase in his bedroom, and Stacey was going to sell it.  I asked her if I could have the bookcase, and she agreed.  I will make up the price, by giving her something of mine to sell.  It's a win-win for both of us.

The clock is ticking away, so I'm closing, so that I can get dressed and face the day.

P





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...