Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The "Thing" That Lives Under The Porch"!

4/4/2018

We all made it to Wednesday, and it's all downhill from here.  We're having some light rain, but that's good news for the grass seed that has been put down in the backyard.  The grass in the front yard is greening up nicely.  And, I love the new boxwoods in front of the porch.  

While the landscaper crew was here on Monday, they wanted to put dirt in under the porch.  The original dirt had "settled" over the past 32 years - shocking I know.  They put the dirt in under one side of the porch, and when they moved over to the other side, they simply didn't know what to do.  Why?  Because our "beasty" (ground hog) was under the porch.  The crew leader came over to look under the porch, and could actually see the "little" (understatement, he's fairly big) guy looking at him.  Various attempts were tried to get the animal to move, but to no avail.  Finally, they just put the dirt in under the porch anyway.  In case any of you are wondering about the animal, we saw prints going through the mulch yesterday.  I'd be okay if he didn't come back.  There are many porches in the neighborhood where he could live.  At least for now, he appears to be a bachelor (I'm assuming he's a he), and hasn't brought along any furry companions.  If he gets permanent company, then it will be time to deal with the population explosion.  But, for now, he's just hanging around.

P

Image result for picture of a groundhog den under a porch

Image result for picture of a groundhog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...