Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Getting Motivated

4/17/2018

It's dark and gloomy outside today.  This kind of weather does absolutely nothing for my mood.  Actually, it does do something - makes me feel depressed.  And, yes if you're wondering, I have my "SAD" light on!  Heaven knows I need all the help I can get.

For the first time in my adult life, I've stopped wearing my glasses.  Since I can't really see with them on, I've decided to just go solo around the house.  If, I were driving, I would then put on my prescription glasses, for which other people out and about would certainly appreciate.

Today, is get your taxes in the mail day.  Jeff has finished ours, and will be heading off to the post office to get them in the mail.  The only good thing about finishing taxes, is that you don't have to do them again for a whole year!  Each year, I start a tax folder in my office, where I put anything relevant to taxes inside.  It's just too difficult to start trying to pull all the documents you need, if you (meaning me), have them in multiple places.

Benjamin's 10th birthday party is on Saturday.  He's having a Goose Bump theme party.  I went shopping with Stacey for party supplies.  So, the only thing I know about Goose Bumps is that it's a green and black party, as far as decorations are concerned.  It is likely that Jeff will be driving to Lancaster to pick-up one of our partners, who is taking the plane in for service.

Jeff and I will miss most of the party, but hopefully there will still be cake to eat! Oh, how I love my sugar - which isn't good for me.  To make things easier on Jeff, I'm going to suggest that he drop me off at the Frederick Library.  I will take water, my Kindle, and some crackers.  From their website, they have an outside patio area, where I can sit and eat.  I'll also bring a crossword puzzle book, the title of which should read "Easy Crossword Puzzles For the Old as Well as the Memory Challenged".  

I've decided that today I am going to tackle on the spare rooms.  Once the doors are closed, I don't really care about what's inside.  But, I know, that every now and then, I should go and straighten up the room (i.e., put away some of my spare clothes)!  I always like to buy new clothes - which woman doesn't, but I know that I already own a LOT of clothes (but, don't tell Jeff that), but that doesn't stop me from wanting and/or buying more.  A gal just has to have variety, but men don't understand this!  It's a "Mars and Venus" kind of thing.

Well, my readers, much as I'd like to stay and "chat", I must put my body in a forward motion!  Enjoy your day.

P






No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...