Wednesday, May 2, 2018

And I Missed A Day

5/2/2018

Sorry about yesterday.  I had a doctor's appointment in the morning, and because I was using Metro Access to get me there, I was picked up waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before my appointment time.  It's a very convenient way to get around, as long as you don't mind waiting.  I always come prepared - book, water, etc.

I saw a new ortho doctor, probably the only one I haven't seen in recent years (kidding), and liked him very much.  I had x-rays taken and then he showed me that I have bone spurs on the left hip. The only fix apparently is to replace the hip, which was the last thing I expected him to tell me.  It was a lot to take in, but the doctor assures me that once I have a new hip (Bionic Woman?) in place, the pain I've suffered with for years, will be gone.  Just hearing that, made my heart flutter, since I have suffered for several years with everybody told me was some kind of "itis" (arthritis, etc.), and nothing could be done. I'm going to make an appointment with the doctor, so that Jeff can go with me and listen and/or ask questions.

Yesterday was Scott's 40th birthday.  I don't know how that's possible since I'm only "x" years young!  Scott is in a very good place now.  He has a beautiful home, with a manicured to perfection yard, and some sloppery dogs that love him.  The really good news, is that Scott has met a beautiful, wonderful woman.  Wendy brings out a side of Scott, that Jeff and I haven't seen in a very long time, and it's a very good thing.

Wendy is throwing a birthday party for Scott on Saturday.  I have been asked to bring potato salad and my pistachio dessert (which, truth be told, is yummy).  It will be pretty much an all day affair, so we're going to take the girls with us, so they don't have to spend the day alone.  We took them out at Christmas, and Scott's dogs are absolutely huge compared to Bella and Daisy.  There was some initial growling and attitude, but by days end, everybody was fine.

I have always said that there are only five (could be a few more) days a year, where the temperature and humidity are nearly perfect.  Two days ago, the furnace was running.  Yesterday, Jeff turned the a/c on, and it might just stay on, until the end of summer. I really hate having my body stick to leather furniture.  I know such a diva!

I hope it's sunny where you are.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...