Sunday, May 20, 2018

Exhausted

5/20/2018

Yesterday, while drinking from a china cup (actually a ceramic mug), and keeping my right pinkie in the air (just kidding), I was well and truly exhausted.

I didn't want to miss a minute of the day's event, and thanks to Tivo recorded everything.  The neat thing about the Tivo is, I could stop watching the event, anytime I wanted to and/or needed to.

What do you suppose a newly appointed Duchess do on the day after her wedding?  I'm supposing that the Duchess will no longer need to make her bed, do dishes and only cook when she wants to.  I could be wrong of course, but I actually don't think so.  I know if I was a Duchess (fat chance), I think I'd actually enjoy giving up some household chores - laundry and dishes come to mind!

Jeff very nicely asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner, to have steak.  I suggested ordering a meal from Outback Steakhouse, and picking it up and eating at home.  The wait for our dinner was longer than it was supposed to be.  But, once home, the steak, at least mine, was cooked perfectly.  I enjoyed every bite.  I even have some leftover for my lunch today.

Looking out my window today, I see a rarely seen "thing" in the past week.  After days and days of dreary and rainy weather, the sun is out today.  I think rain is forecasted for the upcoming week.  I might even go out and sit on the front porch for a bit.

Jeff will probably go do the weekly shopping with the top down.  It's a glorious day to do so.  I'll likely stay home and try not to irritate my hip anymore than I have to.  Sounds silly I know, but I'm actually looking forward to a hip replacement.  If Prince Phillip at 96 can handle a hip replacement, then I know I can too!

With most of our tv shows showing the season finales, I guess Jeff might actually have to start talking to each other!  (Kidding, of course).

Time to stop.  My world continues.... laundry and dishes.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...