Thursday, May 24, 2018

Survivor

5/24/2018

Admittedly, there are all kinds of survivors. 

But, the survivor I want to talk about is the television show. Survivor, has been around since 2000, and I don't think I've missed an episode.  Stage?  Um, probably.  Enjoyable?  For me, the answer is yes.

In the initial show, things were very grim for the players  They were given very little food, and then expected to perform in challenges so that someone could/would win.

I also remember early on, that one player was burned I think while tending the fire.  One time, a player felt no need to wear clothes - gross.

There have been hook-ups, break-ups, stealthy and then not so stealthy moves, as each player tries to get to the top of the food chain, if you will.  

To make things interesting, some players have returned for a new season.  These returning players, have an advantage because they are familiar with the physical challenges, as well as those in their particular camp. In case you're wondering, and you probably aren't, the winner last night was the player we were rooting for.

It's no secret that I'm a television junky.  I don't mind that the reality shows are staged.  They offer me time that I don't spend feeling sorry for myself.

Survivor doesn't have the same interest level for Jeff; but, he's a good sport and watches with me anyway.  Have to love that. This is the same guy who watched the royal wedding - ALL of it!

Jeff made macaroni salad this week, and last night cooked some hamburger patties for dinner, as well as my lunch today. 

Duty calls.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...