Monday, May 14, 2018

Mother's Day

5/14/2018

Yesterday, the weather was down right crummy.  It rained, and the sky was gray.  These kind of weather conditions is not particularly healthy for me.  I need sunshine.

Scott and Wendy came over for lunch/brunch.  Jeff made scrambled eggs, which is a favorite of everyone.  He also made sawmill gravy to go on top of the sausages - this was delicious.  Jeff had bought two kinds of pastries - cheese and apple.  The apple ones have not been opened, but the cheese ones was everyone's favorite.

Scott and Wendy also brought me a gift in a UNICORN bag.  Inside, was a lovely tunic, for me to wear over my leggings.  And, yes I have a pair - black ones.  Nobody, including myself, wants to see me in printed leggings!  

After they left, Jeff and the girls went upstairs and didn't come back down for a long time.  I knew that Jeff was likely taking a much needed nap.  Turns out, I was right.

While I was in the den, I watched some television, but then turned my attention to the latest book I'm reading, the LARGE PRINT edition.  When I like or love a book, I can and do immerse myself into the story.  Breakfast dishes be damned - actually in the afternoon, I did go and tidy up the kitchen.

We had soup for dinner.  I think the days of us fixing and eating a regular meal are headed downhill.  We both seem to get by with a smaller dinner, and truth be told, neither of us would starve to death if we didn't even eat dinner!

Looking out my window, the weather isn't much better than yesterday.  It has rained, but now has stopped, but the sky is still gloomy.

To sum it all up, I had a lovely Mother's Day, and felt celebrated.  Many thanks to Scott and Wendy.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...