Sunday, May 6, 2018

Birthday Party

5/6/2018

Yesterday, Jeff and I went to Scott's house to celebrate his 40th birthday.  I have no idea how he got so old, and we're still so young (just kidding, of course)!!

Scott and Wendy are a gracious host and hostess, and you are guaranteed to have a good time and plenty of wonderful food.  Yesterday, was no exception.

Scott had asked me to make potato salad and my pistachio dessert.  There was some potato salad leftover, but the dessert dish was empty with a capital E.  We ate hamburgers (delicious I might add), hot dogs, salads, baked beans and other good food as well.  

While there was plenty of food, Jeff and I have learned that less is more when it comes to eating.  The stomach says "lets have more food", but the brain sends a different message, "you've had enough, so stop already"!!  Wendy served cookies, birthday cake (super yummy),and my dessert.  There was virtually something for everybody.  

Jeff's body doesn't process sugar well, so I spooned out a small amount of my dessert for him.  Unfortunately, my body can process sugar; and, I absolutely love sugar, especially chocolate.  Of course, calorie wise, sugar is not my friend - but oh how I want it to be!

When I pass away, I don't want to be buried or cremated.  I know, you're already thinking if those two options aren't what I want, what's left?  Ah, to be put in a vat of chocolate first, and then do with me what you will!  

Another reason to celebrate yesterday because it was the 44th anniversary of our first date!  Jeff and I met in May and were married in September of the same year.  If it's right, it's right, that's what my grandmother told me.  She said a long engagement doesn't necessarily mean you'll have a long marriage.  Pretty sound advice, and one that Jeff and I took to heart.  And, this many years later, we're still holding firm.

I came from a generation, and maybe you did too, that when you go to a party, a dinner, or receive some other nice gesture, a "bread and butter" note must be sent.  My note has already been written and will be put in the mail tomorrow.  When the boys were growing up, and they received a present for their birthdays, or upon graduation, I made them send thank you notes.  

So after a day and most of the evening, partying, it's back to normal today for this Cinderella!



When Jeff and I were married, after our honeymoon, I quickly got started on my thank you notes.  When I write a note of thanks, I don't just say thank you.  Nope, I, of course did thank the giver, but I always mentioned the actual gift as well.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...