Friday, May 11, 2018

What's In A Name?

5/11/2018

I'm going to shock you with this news - ready?  I have a name, and so do you and you.  But, emphasis on "but", all or most of us are not famous and so we haven't reached that part of fame, that leaves people calling you by your first name.

Need an example?  Okay, I can think of a few.  Elvis, for instance.  Nobody that I know ever called him Elvis Presley.  He was just Elvis.

Oprah is known around the world simply as Oprah.  Her last name doesn't matter, and it hasn't for a very long time.

Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Barrack Obama and Trump are past and present presidents where we only talk about them using their last names.  

I know that Cher has a last name, but it beats the heck out of me, what it is.   

I know there is a very long list of people known simply by either their first or last names. My friends, as well as yours, are called by their first names.  Why?  Because they're friends.

I've reached a certain age where I'm sometimes called "ma'am" by people in stores.  And, I'm no longer asked if I need a senior ticket at the movies.  I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. 

One thing is for certain.  Nobody is ever going to call me Cuzilu.  That name is on my license plate, and on this blog.

Signing off for the day.  Here, I'm known for my initial rather than my name, when I close up a blog!

P (see what I mean?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...