Saturday, May 19, 2018

The Royal Wedding

5/19/2018

Today, was the Royal Wedding.  A wedding that most people, were waiting for.  Some of the British folks staked out their spot along the route several days ago.  I didn't spot any porta-potties, so I don't how they handled that particular issue.

After breakfast and getting dressed, I took my coffee and headed to the recliner.  I have always had a real obsession with anything "royal".  You know what made my watching the wedding even better?  My best friend, Jeff, watched it with me, from start to finish.  He even cooked us a pizza when we got hungry. Or, more correctly,when I got hungry. 

The wedding was beautiful.  Megan made a beautiful bride and her dress was simple and classy.  By her addition into the royal family, I believe she will mix things up a bit.  And, that's a good thing.

We watched the people who had been invited to the wedding, and were truly shocked with some outfits.  Spaghetti straps - really? I even think sleeveless dresses was probably not the dress code of the day.  The hats, were for the most part, were spectacular.  There was a hat made up entirely of peacock feathers (I'm sure that was expensive), lots of flowers, wide brims, small fascinators (however you spell it), and so many beautiful colors. The Queen wore yellow with purple flowers on her hat - classy as always.

There was some famous people in attendance.  George Clooney, the Beckhams (who seem to be invited to all royal invites, but I don't know why), several cast members from the show Suits and Oprah just to name a few.  Obviously, there were other "important" people, but I didn't know their names.

It's raining outside, which is far better than it raining inside!  It is/was a good day to put your feet up, grab a blanket and/or dog, and relax.  I can handle the sitting in my recliner, but I find relaxing kind of hard to do.  My mind whirls around all the time, and I'm always stressing about anything, even if there's no need to worry!  I'm working on that, but it's a slow process. 

This is the hat Serena Williams wore:
 
 

And, here's the Queen, looking very regal as always.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...