Wednesday, May 30, 2018

An Officer and a Gentleman

5/30/2018

This week, Jeff and I watched a documentary on HBO about Senator John McCain.  Now, I don't normally watch documentaries, because well they are documentaries.  And, for me, sometimes just a snooze fest.  This documentary was the exception.

If you have HBO, this documentary is worth your time to watch, regardless of your political views. It was heart wrenching to see McCain, return to Vietnam.  While, he was there, he returned to the "Hanoi Hilton", which is what the prisoners called it.  McCain was there for 5 and 1/2 years. His wartime injuries have left him now with the inability to put his arms over his head.  And, yet, he survived.  There is no doubt in my mind, that McCain is an officer and a gentleman.  These two positive attributes, is pretty much all you need to know about him.

He has weathered all these years, through both good and bad times, and yet he always stands up straight, and never afraid to both battle a medical problem, or issues on the Senate floor.

As we go about our daily lives, whining about, in the big picture, mundane and small problems.  When I think about my own issues, medical and mental, I will always remember that McCain is a man, who is still standing tall.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...