Thursday, May 10, 2018

Back From Being AWOL!!

5/10/2018

On Monday, Jeff took me back to Hopkins to see the ophthalmologist, because after a week or so, my vision in my left eye was no better than it was before.  I spent untold amounts of hours, covering up my right eye, to see if my vision was improving.  Here's a clue: looking out through my left eye was akin to smearing Vaseline on my glasses!  I was so very disappointed.

Before the doctor comes in, the tech gives you a minor "how well can you see" test.  Through my left eye, I wasn't even able to see how many fingers he was holding up.  Clearly, I needed help.

Once I saw the doctor, he said that the air bubble, is inserted into the front of the eye to hold the donor tissue in position. The air bubble is supposed to be naturally adsorbed the eye within 24-48 hours.  Upon inspection, my air bubble had slipped out of place.  Solution: move the bubble back in place.  He numbed my eye, and then put a needle in my eye, which I could see, and moved the bubble up.  

Since Monday, my vision has really improved in the left eye.  Not a hundred percent yet, but well on it's way.  I have a one week check-up next week, and I want to hear the doctor tell me that everything is looking good.

To be on the safe side, and so afraid of dislodging the bubble, I spent the last three nights and nearly all of the day on the recliner.

This morning, I'm going to take a shower, which will make me feel good I know.  I don't know how it is for you men, but for women, a shower and a shampoo does wonders for their well-being.

I wish I had something else to chat about, but for the last few days, I've been consumed with everything having to do with my eye!  Wish me luck for next week's appointment, and hope that the bubble didn't move out of place, because if it did, it would really suck.  Just saying.

And, for all of you out there, who have a mother, and that should be ALL of you, Sunday is Mother's Day.  So don't forget her.

P    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...