Monday, March 19, 2018

Monday Again!

3/19/2018

Jeff and I just don't seem to have a lot of good luck.  When we buy a lottery ticket, we don't even win enough to cover the price of the ticket!  Since we basically feel unlucky, we've stopped buying lottery tickets.  And, yes I know, that if we don't buy any tickets, then for sure won't win.

The landscape people are supposed to come tomorrow and work on the backyard.  But, it looks as if winter is going to make a brief appearance tomorrow, which will probably require getting a new date.

Jeff is at the doctor's office this morning and he also is taking a furlough day.  So, when he comes home, he can gather up a blanket, the dogs (perhaps not in that order), recline his chair and nap.  Extra sleep is underrated!  Naps are one of the perks of being retired.

While Jeff and I are not Irish, he did cook corned beef and cabbage yesterday.  I don't like cooked cabbage, but the corned beef was super, duper tasty.  Perhaps a corned beef sandwich will be in order for lunch today.

My physical therapist is coming today, so I'll be given instructions on how best to take care of my back.  There are a number of things that I would like to work on today.  One: how to get up after I've fallen; and what I can do to getting out of bed easier.  Of course, the obvious answer to getting out of bed is - to just stay in bed all day!

Stacey (DIL) is having a birthday this week.  I try to never reveal any woman's age.  With the exception of my own - 68.  While my body is saggy and spotted, and I believe my face doesn't have too many wrinkles, and my hair is only marginally turning gray.  You would think with all the nonsense that Jeff and I have experienced in 40+ years together, that my hair would be gray or completely white.  Jeff now just shaves his head, but his beard has some gray hairs.

I've bought yet another pair of slippers.  Perhaps I should get a lock box for my shoes and slippers.  Oh, but if one of us could catch her in the act of chewing on a slipper, then a reprimand could be given.  But, after the fact, Bella wouldn't understand.  Unlike humans, dogs live in the moment.  So, showing Bella a chewed up item, wouldn't make any sense to her, unfortunately.

I'm having my head examined this week, and next week Jeff and I are going to see the ophthalmologist for eye exams.  I, am also wanting to know if my cataract has grown to the point where it makes sense to take it out.  At this point in time, I really can't see "jack", and have to get an magnifying glass to read most things.  A nuisance to be sure.  The problem with an eye exam, generally requires a new prescription for me.  My prescription is complicated and, you guessed it, costs big bucks.  While I would love to have new frames now and again, it's just something that I do each time my vision changes!

Well, my friends, I'm signing off, because certain household chores await. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...