Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Coronavirus

3/4/2020

The increasing numbers of people affected by this virus is spreading. And, unaffected people are, for the most part, afraid of getting sick.

Companies tell us to don face masks when going out. But, after doing my research, people "in the know" don't recommend wearing masks. Why? 

The surgeon general urged the public to stop buying masks, warning that it won’t help against the spread of the coronavirus but will take away important resources from health care professionals.“Seriously people — STOP BUYING MASKS!” the surgeon general, Jerome M. Adams. “They are NOT effective in preventing the general public from catching Coronavirus. If health care providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!”

Jeff and I went shopping over the weekend, at the only store that exists in Jeff's world. The shelves were either empty, or had very little product to buy. Case in point, hand sanitizer. The shelf was empty, except for the lonely one and two bottles that remained. This was no problem for us, because I already had several bottles at home.

And, it wasn't only the hand sanitizer, for instance, that was running out of stock. Entire shelves, that once contained canned food, were, for the most part, empty. When we walked through the store, it felt like the public was bracing for an upcoming snow event. As the family always says, "if you want/need something to eat, go to Mom's house". Trust me, the pantry is so full, that buying more pantry items, just isn't possible. I know, I know, why do we have so much food? Jeff is always afraid that we're going to run out of a staple product. Such as, you don't run out of mayonnaise ever. Or, spicy mustard, and things like that. Obviously, toilet paper and paper towels are also on the must have list.

If, Jeff does the shopping alone, I put down on the list, things we need. But, I also put on the list, and underlined, just how many of "x" products we actually need! At least, I know that if there was an emergency, Jeff and I would not go hungry. The picture below isn't our pantry, but it gives you an idea of what an over following pantry looks like.



Image result for picture of messy pantry

Thought for the day: "you seldom learn something new when you're doing all the talking".

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...