Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Going To The Store!

3/11/2020

Yesterday, Jeff and I went out to do our "weekly shopping". We went first to Costco. The new normal is that before you enter the store, the handle of your cart is wiped down. This is our new "norm". Sad, really when you think about it. 

Costco was limited cases of water to two cases per customer. Jeff and I never buy bottled water, unless we're out somewhere and I forgot to bring my water bottle. Personally, Jeff and I think the water at our house is very good. We do have a few plastic bottles, and when they're empty, we just fill them up at the sink. Costco didn't have any toilet paper (we have plenty), otherwise we thought that the store was in pretty good shape. 

On the other hand, we went to WalMart, and it was a whole different ballgame. Some shelves were bare, think hand sanitizers, and wipes for instance.

But, other aisles, were for the most part, stripped of products. I think people were panic buying. This is not like a snow storm, where you might run out of food. The things that we really needed: for instance, milk, eggs, orange juice, English muffins, and half 'n half for Jeff, were adequately stocked. The aisle for canned foods, was almost down to empty shelves. With the exception of the food we bought, our pantry is well stocked and so is our freezer. 

So, for us, no matter what the weather does, we generally only need to buy some critical items. We (meaning me) might not want to eat canned okra (ugh), but I guess if I got hungry enough, I would! Let's hope that never happens.

After we left the stores, we went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Bella was, as always, the picture of a calm, but alert dog. Everywhere we take her, she always gets a lot of attention. Not prejudiced, but Bella is a beautiful dog. 

Before we went inside, there was a couple walking their service dog, and when they saw us walking up the sidewalk, they pulled their dog away from us. I believe that a lot of people who have and/or need a service dog, don't put in the hours for training.

I didn't eat all of my dinner, so I'm going to have a great lunch today!

It's not a pretty day, cloudy, but so far no rain. Fingers crossed.

Message for the day: Appreciate the brief joy of the cool side of the pillow.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...