Thursday, March 26, 2020

Sheltering In Place

3/26/2020

Well, here we are - 120 days (the number is obviously not true, but it feels like it), of staying home. Been a recluse in the last few years, for the most part, I'm pretty comfortable staying in the house.

But, when do we safely go outside? Is there going to be some kind of signal, that says "all clear"? And, if we don't, then what do we do? Trump believes everything should return to normal by Easter. That is only a mere 17 days away. What is going to change between now and then, that will make it safe for all of us to return to "normal"? Whatever that is. I hope the situation we find ourselves in right now, does not become our new normal. 

Somebody shared his opinion in the paper, about elderly and sick people. As an elderly person with both medical and mental issues, I guess I'm one of those "people" that shouldn't be saved for the good of younger people. I'm paraphrasing here, so no hate mail please. We older folks, in his opinion, is that we don't bring anything to the table, so to speak. I guess we're just a drain on society. This man is only 56, let's see if he feels differently when he's 70! Of course, by then, this old person will be gone.

Jeff is going to the store today, to get essentials. I'm not sure what those essentials are, but it will do him good to get out of the house. If tomorrow's weather is favorable, and it's supposed to be around 60, I think it would be a good time for a ride with the top down. You just can't imagine how freeing it is to have your hair blowing all around. Plus, Bella likes riding in the car as well. Daisy, who is pretty much afraid of everything and everyone, stays home. Even when we stop for an ice cream cone, she won't move from her corner. Bella, on the other hand, is an ice cream lover. We have to be careful, because she doesn't lick, she bites. She makes quick work of an ice cream cone. Perhaps, we should order two cones!

Checking the statistics, 423 people have died in Maryland and there are 349 confirmed cases. And for the nation, 1,000 people have died. That's a lot of people in my opinion, and cases are rising every day.

Thought for the day: should you take the last doughnut at the office and throw the box away? I suppose one solution would be to take half of a doughnut. Then, you wouldn't feel guilty about an empty box.

My thought for today: Please stay safe everyone.  

P





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...