Monday, March 9, 2020

Busy Head Messes With Sleep

3/9/2020

Ever have one of those nights, where you spend too much time flopping around. Your head is full of non-nonsensical bits and pieces? Well, that was me last night. Every time I moved around, then the dogs would have to resettle. Solution? Get out of bed. I always make sure that Jeff knows I'm just going downstairs to have some tea and watch some cooking show. And, as usual it worked.I had a cup of tea (that always sound very proper) and some toast. It wasn't very long before I had drifted off to sleep. 

I decided that I was now tired enough, to return to bed. Apparently, my second attempt at sleeping was very good, because I didn't wake up until 9:30! By then, the day is half-over (not really, but you get the idea).

Beautiful day outside, which may warrant my walking around the circle, a few times.The weather right now is unpredictable. One day, it's cold, so the furnace stays on. Right now, it's warm enough to shut the furnace off, and open some windows, and get some fresh air blowing through the house.

Again, today I have slipped up. Shocker I know! I checked out 11 books, had them all contained in a box. However, all day yesterday, I could only account for 10. Argh. Jeff always wants me to search for items that I have misplaced. Trouble is, with my current brain status, I actually don't know where to look. And, telling me to keep searching, only frustrates me. Trust me, this is maddening for both of us. 

I have found an organization called "Elder Helpers". This program takes volunteers, to come and help the elders. They do gardening, taking you to appointments, etc. There is no fee for the senior, unless you want to give the driver, something homemade! This almost sounds too good to be true. And, using this service for appointment trips, frees Jeff up to do his work, etc.

I hate the person who I've become. And, yet the person I am, is the person I don't want to be. Perhaps, that makes sense. I get confused here in the house, a place where you would think shouldn't be a problem. But, unfortunately, it is.   

I think I will look into a day program. You can opt for a 4, 6 or an 8 hour program. Even if I just signed up for 4 hours, that would be 4 hours where Jeff wouldn't have to wonder what I'm up to. There are facilities that have memory support units. I don't believe that it's time to go to a facility, perhaps I'll know, or Jeff will know, when that time comes.

With the mounting number of victims who have virus, I'm sort of glad that I'm a recluse, and have very little contact with a lot of people. I hope a cure is just around the corner. Fingers crossed.

Well, my dears, closing now. It's after noon, and while my "to do" list is small, I still need to do them.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...