Monday, March 30, 2020

Virus 101

3/30/2020

This ugly and scary virus started in February. Research, and you know how much I love doing that, says that our first case was on Feb. 1st, and reported 8 cases. At the moment, I am both scared and depressed. Since nobody can predicate the future, it may be another month or two before we can return "to normal", whatever that is.

If you watch the news, and I think everybody is, the number of cases, as well as the very depressing number of deaths, continues to rise.

On a personal note, Benjamin's birthday is next month. If they have a party for him, it will be small. Jeff and I won't be attending. We will either ship his birthday gift to him (Amazon, of course), OR leave the gift in their driveway. I actually don't like either of those options, but it is what it is. It's been so long since I've seen either side of the family (Scott et al and Andrew et al). So, in the last three months, I have left the house only ONCE.  It's a good thing that I'm reclusive. I have trashy television to watch (Bridezillas any one?), and stacks of books.

I had a friend call me yesterday, to tell me that she has been furloughed from her job. She, as well as many others, packed up all their belongings in a box, which I have always called the "shame" box. 

These employees are given one day each week, so that they don't lose their health insurance. However, if your "paycheck" doesn't cover the premium, they will be billed for the difference. I guess I should be glad that I "retired" when I did.

There is a website "home adoptions network". It's in North Carolina, but it's not the only way you can rescue, buy or adopt an animal. There are only so no kill shelters, but most shelters can only take in so many animals. 

At least when I packed up my cubby in 2014 I think, my boss and my friend allowed me to come in to the office after everyone had left for the day. It was an emotional experience, and one I hope to never repeat. I don't think Jeff can fire me, unless we run out of mayo! That was part of our marriage vows - though shall not run out of mayo or pickle relish.  😀

Happy picture for today:
 Image result for picture of puppies

Stay safe.
 
P



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...