Thursday, March 19, 2020

Just Me!

3/19/2020

While it's not particularly cold outside, but it sure looks dreary. The news is depressing, an I think the world could sure some good news right about now. But, I'm having trouble finding the gold at the end of the rainbow. For good news, I'm going to have to start a new search, and hopefully I'll find something good. And, if I do, I'll be sure to share!

I've stopped all my personal training for the rest of this month. I don't know who used the machine before me. Did they wash down the handles after each use?

It's this kind of pandemic, that makes me feel good about being a recluse. If the weather is really good tomorrow, perhaps Jeff, Bella and myself, may go out in his car. We'll put the top down, roll down the windows, and just drive. Some people thought we were nuts buying a convertible in the middle of winter. But if you use the heated seats and heated neck warmer, and provided it's not raining, it's a very relaxing thing to do. 

We still have my car for bad weather, or for purchasing a large item. But, she sits in the driveway now, waiting to be put in service! Because my health isn't too good, I have removed myself as a driver on the insurance policy. My license doesn't expire until 2022. If by that time, I am still too unstable to drive, I'll turn in my license. At this point, Jeff drives me to all my appointments, and never complains. Personally, I hate to see him lose time away from his job. Mind you, Jeff works many more hours than he bills. It's just who he is. 

I'm glad he's home, because I have a lot of trouble doing things now. Jeff patiently shows me how to do something, and when I try it on my own, I generally fudge up, how to turn on the television, make coffee, etc. 

It took me 20 minutes to remember Stacey's father's name. I remembered her mother's name, but truly struggled and searched for her father's name.

When, Stacey came over this week, and all we did was watch the "Bachelor", but it really made my day, to have company.  It's very good of Stacey, who has a busy life, to come and visit this old woman.

Unfortunately, I am still asking the same question over and over again. And, Jeff gives the answer over and over as well. I'm not trying to play the dumb card. Nope, I literally   don't remember. I can watch a tv show, one that we watched just a day ago together, and have no memory about doing so.

I think my memory is getting worse. I see the memory doctor in May, but wish I could see him earlier. I suffer from something as simple as being able to put on a bra. For some reason, I'm unable to successful run the washer. My fear is, that I'm doing the best I can right now. And, while I'm not sure, but likely will, worsen over time. And, here's where I really feel bad for Jeff. 

One facility I checked out (just doing my homework), has an entrance fee of over $300,000. And, that doesn't count monthly rent. Obviously, I won't be going there when  my memory is likely, to get it worse over time.

During one of my blogs this week, I was unable to find the % key. I've been "typing" since 1967, and how could I forget where a certain key is located. This, is maddening, as well as frustrating.

Quote of the day: there is no need to hurry a comfortable silence between close friends. 

Good News. World's oldest married couple celebrates 80th Valentine's Day together. Now, that's love.

Stay safe.

P

 

 





 

2 comments:

  1. I am truly sorry that this is happening to you. I cant imagine how frustrated you must be. Lots of people love you and are there for support that you need. Hope things improve for you and always take care of yourself and try not to worry, just enjoy each day that you share with Jeff, your best friend! I love you, Marilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. It's really hard when you begin to think that you are losing your mind. I remember your birthday, but most days can't tell you old the boys are. I actually have to use a calculator! It's a good thing that Jeff works from home. When he travels later this year, I'm going to use a company called Companion Care to stay with me "x" hours. That will make him rest easy. I love you. P

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...