Friday, July 20, 2012

Sleep

7/20/12

Sleep

Sleep is a lot like sex, not always such a big deal - till you're not getting any.  And now I know that I absolutely have your attention!  I don't know about you but lately I have been having a near constant tussle to either (a) get to sleep; or (b) stay asleep.  I'm even okay with rise and shine at 5:00 am; but one day this week I was padding around the house at 2:00 am.  When you get up this early it makes you remarkably angry particularly with anyone who is still sleeping.

On that particular morning here's what I accomplished between the hours of 2:00 and time to go to work.  I made coffee and actually poured two cups (in the dark) before I realized that the lid wasn't on properly and I was pouring the coffee on the counter!  So then I cleaned up the coffee, did my blog, checked emails (junk mostly), answered puzzle requests from friends (though my responses at that hour were very, very basic - I added an "s" or an "ed").  I did some knitting trying desperately to remember when to knit and when to purl and YouTube happily helps with this.  And I was able to do some coloring.

Since I was up and the online stores are always open I ordered myself a new kind of markers that give you a paintbrush like effect when you color.  Cool.  Amazon and QVC could become an insomniacs new best friend.  What did we do in the "old days" when we couldn't sleep?  We probably read books (the "real" kind) and suffered through some dire late night television, or in some cases, the white noise from a channel that is off the air.  Remember when that happened?  You don't see that anymore.

So if some early evening you happen to call and I don't answer, it's probably because I'm zonked out in my chair.  Leave a message - I'll call back.

Enjoy your Friday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...