Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday - July 6th

7/6/2012

Friends.  I'm thrilled to see two new followers - thank you so much.  I'm hoping for double digits before the end of the year!  Thanks so much for the support,it means the world to me.

Yesterday, the weather changed yet again in Duluth - we went from super duper hot on Tuesday to windy and cool Wednesday. Thursday was dry heat that felt good and today we are having one of those gray overcast days.  Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Yesterday was spent taking a factory tour which was neat - no free samples though - like a new tire or?  We registered and got our goodie bags and I had so much down time that I have done some amazing knitting. This particular piece of light blue/white yarn is one of the least holey things I've ever knit.  I don't think I'm ready to give up my day job to knit permanently but this particular strip (scarf) is looking pretty good. I may have to go back to WalMart before returning home to buy more yarn because I'm taking advantage of any sitting around time by knitting.  Okay I also give mental note to what I might write to all my friends.

Cocktail hour was  very nice last night. They set big tents up outside along with the mock up of the jet (a very cool plane indeed).  I reconnected with some friends I met in the Bahamas and met some new people.  It's a  little hard (nah it's real hard) for me to strike up a conversation with a stranger - but once I get started talking - I'm like the Energizer Bunny - no turn off switch.

This has to be short today because we are late for breakfast and have an 8:30 partners-in-command class to go to.  After class Jeff has gotten us an hour in a simulator so that I can "fly" or not the plane.  I will also get to pull the chute and see what that feels like in terms of strength needed.  I have asked Jeff to fly the simulator with me not pretend that he's incapacitated.

Big doings tonight - dinner and I might actually get to wear my bright pink flowery dress that I bought for the Bahamas trip and then it was too cold to wear.  Wish me luck at winning  a door prize!  I'll write more later.  Happy Friday to everyone.

P  (don't have time to proof this,so apologize for any errors you may find). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...