Monday, July 30, 2012

Wegman's

7/30/12

Wegman's

Yesterday, since Jeff and I were headed to Frederick to go get gas at Costco, I suggested a second stop at Wegman's.  I had been there once before but at the time we had with us a hungry grandson and the trip through the store was hurried.

When you enter the store it's an "ah" moment.  It's so big, clean and bright.  It's wonderful to shop somewhere where your feet don't stick to the floor.  And there are these amazing creatures called store employees who are everywhere and all ready to help you.  We had a manager of sorts (black shirt) who took us not once but TWICE to find products.  Jeff and I took our time and went up each and every aisle and it was a glorious experience.

There were exotic spices, mustards, spices, sauce and cheeses I've never seen.  Oh to be sure they have the usual stuff - you can buy cornflakes there, or plain yellow mustard - but why would you?  You can buy the regular products anywhere.  No, Wegman's is where you shop when you want something different.

The seafood is amazing - how many different ways are there to serve salmon - a lot I'm hear to report. The bread and bakery aisles were mind boggling with the offerings.  Fruit tarts, eclairs, cheesecake, carrot cake, pies, cookies, turnovers and scones just to mention a few.  We had to leave that aisle quickly - there's a very strong pull for me there.

I had opted for a small cart confident that at the most we would pick up one or two token items to take home to try.  Nope, the little cart was overflowing with goodies - fig and almond cake from Spain, fresh sundried tomato Tilapia for dinner, Quonia, fresh sesame chicken and noodles for lunch and on and on.

After filling our little cart we hit the mother lode - the self serve food court.  The offerings were many and everything looked amazing.  Pizza, oriental, vegetarian, comfort-type food, sandwiches, salads and soups.  Jeff and I opted for spicy Mexican crab soup which was wonderful.  

Going through checkout was quick, friendly and painless.  I'm sure we weren't their largest spending customer that day based on the large overflowing carts around us - but we might well have been the most awe struck.  And we'll be back.  With the thought that when they do finish their store in Germantown - the old credit card could be in trouble - regularly.

So, if you haven't been - do yourself a favor - go. You won't be disappointed I promise.

P

2 comments:

  1. They should give you a fee for the advertisement! I agree, the place is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It absolutely is. Jeff and I nearly lost our minds and we spent hours wandering around browsing and buying!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...