Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Vacation - Day 2

7/3/2012

Vacation - Day 2

You want to know what the real problem is about traveling?  No it's not dirty clothes and strange beds in foreign places. Nope - it's what to do with yourself at 5:00 in the morning and Jeff is sleeping.  Thanks to a long tern case of  insomnia, I have become a real early morning riser.  At home it's not unusual for me to be up at 3 or 4 in the morning. Today I slept until 5:00 am and because I can't read in the dark, I got dressed and headed to the lobby in search of light.  Like a moth to a flame!

The lobby was empty except for one man who like myself was/is an early riser,  The breakfast bar was open but they had made coffee and so I curled up in a wingback chair to read, write or people watch.Okay the people watching stuff at 5:00 in the morning is overrated for two reasons (1) there are few people to actually watch and (2) those that are available for watching are not really up for watching.  Their hair is standing on top of their head and are bleary-eyed.  Not exactly a fashion show.

I have had breakfast: muffin, hash brown, egg and sausage.  Food was quite good just not quite hot enough for me. I like my food hot and my coffee lukewarm.  Why?  Can't say but it's been that way for years, "hot" beverages are best served in large gulp temperatures - in my humble opinion.

It's now 8:30 and by returning to the room and shutting (slamming) the door, Jeff woke up!  Shocker.  Breakfast is now over and the packing of the room is done and we'll be heading to the airport momentarily.  While we may not be able to check in to the hotel until this afternoon we can see that thunderstorms are headed toward Duluth and we'd rather be on the ground waiting for our room "at the inn" than having to divert due to weather.

So friends, that's it for this morning.  More tonight.  Have a wonderful Tuesday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...