Thursday, July 5, 2012

Vacation - Day Four

7/5/2012

Well folks we made it through the 4th of July.  Yesterday after Jeff came back from working on that pesky little oil pressure problem, he went for a walk and came back to get yours truly when one of the biiiiiiiigggggg ships was coming through the harbor.  The boat was by some accounts a little on the small side at only 850 feet long and once it was coming into the harbor really moved very fast for something so big.  Amazing.

The cool (scratch that - at times cold) weather blew in yesterday so we had to drive to the plane to get the sweater and jacket out that when we arrived on Tuesday didn't think we'd need.  Boy were we wrong and the new Cirrus jacket  that I bought on Tuesday for myself (red of course) really came in handy. 

We opted not to have dinner - watching our waistlines you know and knew that we would get something to eat on our firework cruise.  Such willpower we have people!  Arrived early - obviously if I'm involved - we're always early but the people watching was great.  We got on board just before the rain started and the food was very good - there was shrimp and skewers of beef and chicken, cheese and crackers and red velvet cupcakes.  Okay while that much sugar isn't particularly good for me and to be fair I didn't eat ALL the icing but the cupcake was good.  There was even a little blue marshmallow star on top - Yum. Jeff resisted but that's more about that his thing is salt not sugar.  We are the original Jack Sprat couple - I love the sweet stuff and he's the salt guy.

The fireworks were amazing and Mother Nature decided to give us a break by stopping the rain long enough for us to sit up top for the best viewing. Finales are the best, it's a shame that entire shows can't be like the end. I saw some new fireworks - hearts, happy faces. Benjamin (grandson) would have loved fireworks mixed with cupcakes mixed with a boat ride.  It would be practically heaven for a four year old boy.

Well people I have managed to make enough noise to wake Jeff up. My tummy is growling so I was hoping that by "walking" (loudly of course) around he'd wake up on his own!  It worked, he's up and we're going to have our breakfast shortly.  Factory tour today which Jeff has already seen when he bought the plane but I haven't.  Very nice of him to take the tour again so that I can see.  I love factory tours - I don't care what you're making - I love them.  There is just something about watching man and machinery that is so fascinating to me and if you're in the right factory - you get a free sample.  I highly suggest the Ben and Jerry factory if you want a sweet sample,  Pretzel factory if you're salty.

Later - my oatmeal awaits.

Ph



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...