Sunday, July 1, 2012

Vacation Prep!

7/1/2012

Vacation Prep!

It's one day and counting before my (our) vacation begins.  Believe me it's no picnic for us to get out of "Dodge".  The dogs have to be delivered to the kennel which they don't enjoy and there is generally a bit of of tug-of-war to get Sam and Maggie inside.

And unlike men who throw some unders and a clean shirt (maybe two) into a suitcase, women (me) have to plan their wardrobe very carefully (I need options) and everything else down to the "nth" degree.  You must bring the right accessories for the right outfit and seldom does the accessories work for more than one outfit.  See the problem?

For example, a woman (me) must make that last appointment at the salon to be plucked, waxed, bronzed, fluffed and polished.  Trust me I don't leave town with naked toes.

After my ritual beauty treatments, came laundry - Jeff's and mine.  Once that's done then the hard work really begins - packing.  On the agenda for this trip is a cocktail cruise, an additional cocktail evening and a dinner that requires a bit of dressing up.

If I pack a dress for the dinner then I must pack white shoes which luckily will work with my white pants.  However, wear white shoes 24/7?  Absolutely not.  This is back to that options thing.  I need to bring black shoes for the black pants, pool shoes, sneakers would be nice for walking and a pair of my favorite broken in Birkenstocks.  This is all too much to explain to Jeff.

Jeff, like most men, wears a pair of shoes and with the exception of some kind of pool shoe doesn't feel the need to bring a spare pair.  Apparently, men don't need options and this takes us back to the Mars/Venus problem.

So while Jeff isn't paying attention, I'll slip a "small" bag of shoes somewhere in the back of the plane!  They don't take up much space and don't weigh a lot.

Hope you have a pleasant air conditioned Sunday.  Next blog will be from the road. And I'll let you know how that whole shoe thing is working out for me.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...