Saturday, June 30, 2012

Ode to Jeffrey

6/30/2012

These thoughts came to me suddenly today and while they would make a great anniversary card in September for Jeff, I thought I'd say it today.

Ode to Jeffrey

You stood at my door
On May 5th, 1974
Your sister and my dad thought
You could be my Mr. Right

That one night has turned into years
and though we've had troubles
we've never looked back or regretted a thing

Thirty-eight years, over half of our life
You've been my husband, I've been your wife
If I could have only one prayer answered in my life
It would be for 38 more years with the
man who stood at my door on May 5th, 1974

Our skin now sags, our eyes are less bright
And now both of us have to get up through out the night
But still we love and still we care
And all of this from a blind date
With the man who stood at my door
on May 5th, 1974 

Love always P

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. Now I'll have to think of something else to say on our anniversary in September!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...