Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Neighbor

6/23/2012

My Neighbor

A neighbor on my street died last week and I'm sorry to say that I didn't even know or notice.  Jeff and I have lived across the street from this man for 25 years and while he was certainly not a close friend, we talked from time-to-time.

A close friend who lives on another street in our neighborhood called to tell me that she thought he had died.  I checked for an on-line obituary and by that time he had already been gone for four days.  How is it possible that I, and probably most of my other neighbors, did not know this?

Are we so wrapped up in our own lives that we fail to see what's going on around us?  I think  we are.  Today I will go out and buy a card for his widow, it's the least I can do.  

Perhaps occasionally we should get out of our own world and become more aware of what's happening around us.  It's the least we can do.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...