Saturday, June 23, 2012

Word of the Day - Minute

6/23/2012
 
Word of the day – Minute


A minute is a mere sixty seconds.  During the work day while daydreaming of the weekend, a holiday or a vacation to come, the office clock, sloooooowly  ticks toward quitting time and the wait seems endless.  But come Saturday and Sunday, those “mere” minutes just zoom by and before you know it the weekend is over.  This seems so unfair.
 
The dictionary gives you the usual definitions of the word – a unit of time, which is the common definition.  But there are definitions for “minute”.  Something exceptionally small and tiny, or beneath notice and insignificant. 

So for now it's time to say: Au revoir, Auf Wiedersehen, Adios and Good-bye and Rendez-vous demain tous les yeux brillants de Virginie et touffue (which I hope means see you tomorrow all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed)!

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...