Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fractures

6/21/2012

Fractures


You're probably wondering where this word came from.  Me too.  I opened up a 60 second prompt writer site and the word of the day was fractures.  Some days we writers or wanna be writers in my case need a little help in getting those creative juices following.  So here we go.  There are many kinds of fractures, the bone and the heart kind are the ones I think of first because I think they hurt the most and take the longest to heal.  Or in some cases never heal.  We know the earth has fractures - ask anybody who has lived or does live in Southern California for instance and they can tell you all about fractures (earthquakes).

I couldn't resist looking up the word in the dictionary and found this wonderful definition for my more in tuned (notice I didn't say geek) friends.  A fracture is also the term used for a particular mask data preparation procedure within the realm of integrated circuit design that involves transposing complex polygons into simpler shapes such as trapezoids and rectangles.  I have NO IDEA what that sentence just said but I'm exhausted from typing it.

So until next time I remain un-fractured and hope you do the same.

P/B

1 comment:

  1. This "fracture" word suddenly reminds me of Dad taking the speech class and he would just suddenly be given a word and then have to get up and talk about that subject. For you, it is the same so you must get that talent from him. Me, I cant imagine doing it. But we also know that the sense of humor comes from Dad as well and I think, we all got a smidge of that from him for which I for one am thankful.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...